As part of our community radio licence, Uckfield Community Radio Limited operates the following Key Commitments:
Uckfield FM is for the people of Uckfield and the surrounding area of the Sussex Weald, providing a voice for the local community. It offers a local service and broadcasts features promoting life in the target community.
The service broadcasts:
- Music. The main type of music broadcast over the course of each week is: popular chart music from the last 50 years, with some specialist music programming.
- Speech. The main types of speech output broadcast over the course of each week is: local news and information, What’s On, interviews, magazine programmes, local interest features, discussions, and local sports programming.
- The service provides original output for a minimum of 101 hours per day.
- The service provides locally-produced output2 for a minimum of 13 hours per day.
The studio is located within the licensed coverage area.
The service provides a range of community benefits (social gain objectives mandated by statute) for the target community, both on-air and off-air, and in doing so, achieves the following objectives:
- The facilitation of discussion and the expression of opinion
- The provision (whether by means of programmes included in the service or otherwise) of education or training to individuals not employed by the person providing the service
- the better understanding of the particular community and the strengthening of links within it.
Members of the target community contribute to the operation and management of the service.
The service has mechanisms in place to ensure it is accountable to its target community.
[July 2010. Revised May 2013; September 2016]
1 Original output is output that is first produced for and transmitted by the service, and excludes output that was transmitted elsewhere before. Original output can be live or voice-tracked. Repeat broadcasts of original output do not count towards the minimum requirement.
2 Locally-produced output is any output made and broadcast from within the service’s licensed coverage area. It may include all types of local production.