Boris Johnson has warned people to continue to take steps to “suppress Covid” as lockdown eases.
The rule changes in England from today include:
- All shops can reopen
- Hairdressers, beauty salons and other close-contact services can open
- Restaurants and pubs are allowed to serve food and alcohol to customers sitting outdoors
- Gyms, spas, zoos, theme parks, libraries and community centres can all open
- Members of the same household can take a holiday in England in self-contained accommodation
- Up to 15 people can attend weddings and 30 can attend funerals
- Children can attend any indoor children’s activity
- Care home visitors will increase to two per resident
- Driving lessons can resume, with tests restarting on 22 April.
Shoppers, gym fans, domestic holiday makers, outdoor drinkers and diners, plus those in need of a haircut will share the government’s hope that today is an irreversible step towards old and cherished freedoms. So will the business owners who will be welcoming them back. But this significant easing of lockdown is also an important test.
Is your business re-opening today? then let Uckfield know with a radio advertisement here at Uckfield FM – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.