Town councillors have opposed plans to develop land in Regency Close , Uckfield
They considered an outline application for the demolition of the existing dwelling and garage known as White Gates, Regency Close and erection of up to 9 new dwellings and associated works.
The objections submitted to Wealden District Council:
1. Over development of the site for 9 new dwellings:-
– Increased traffic which would be detrimental to the safe access and egress from Manor House Court.
– Parking concerns:- The ‘Parking Court’ for 20 vehicles mentioned on the drawing is in fact private property belonging to the residents of Manor House Court. It is used for access to the garages and signage states no parking opposite the garages.
– Increased traffic which would exacerbate current parking problems on the road and cause concern for the safety of pedestrians and drivers.
– Concerns how emergency vehicles would access the development as the only access to the development would be via Regency Close.
2. Loss of Privacy, and noise disturbance: –
– Development could cause loss of privacy into ground floor bedroom window of Flat 2 Brewer Place, and also Flat 4 on the first floor which faces the site would be affected by loss of privacy and noise and disturbance being 11.5m from the boundary.
3. Construction vehicles concerns:-
– Plan is not clear how construction vehicles will access the turning that leads to the current
property The White House. The road runs in front of the boundary to Manor House Court with a
hedge at the boundary on the right. Any lorries entering there will have difficulty turning in.
4. UTC would like WDC to ensure that full consultation with neighbouring properties is made.
Additionally, Uckfield Town Council would ask that Wealden District Council ensure that all
properties that have a right of way over the part of the road up to the garages have been informed of