The Civic Centre Uckfield is set to re-open on Monday 6 July in full compliance with the government guidance.
Customers wishing to recommence their bookings or look ahead to later in the year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01825 762774.
In order to manage the risk of Covid-19 and to make the Civic Centre a place where you feel safe we have:
• carried out risk assessments for our room hirers, our staff and restaurant
• cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in place for our toilets and key touch points around the building
• reassessed the numbers we can take in each room for bookings to ensure our customers can maintain a safe distance – see our website for full details at https://www.civiccentreuckfield.com/room-hire/
• hand sanitiser stations and added screens at both our caretaker and office counters
• introduced a one-way system within the Civic Centre with clear access through our corridors to reduce touch points and risk of contact
• reduced the number of Town Council staff working in the office at any one time
• procedures in place to monitor the temperature of our staff on a daily basis as they enter the building.
Plans are also being put in place for the re-opening of Luxfords Restaurant at the Civic Centre and more information on that will follow shortly.
Advise to hirers:
- There is a one way system throughout the building, starting at the front entrance, with the exit through the fire exit at the side of the building.
- Hand sanitiser stations are set up at the following points – front entrance, ground floor toilets, first floor toilets, council office.
- Currently the ground floor disabled toilet will be priority use for room hirers over general public. The queuing system proceeds down the corridor towards the Green room.
- Please note the first floor toilets reserved for staff.
- Toilets and frequent touch points are disinfected regularly.
- All Council staff have been provided PPE, with minimum numbers working in the building.
Windows will be open throughout the building to ensure fresh air flow.
Room hirers are responsible for providing PPE and hand sanitiser to their participants.
Room number capacity provided on separate sheet.
- No participant or hirer should enter the building if they are showing signs or symptoms of Covid-19, or have been in close contact with a Covid-19 patient within 14 days.