Community groups and village organisations in Wealden can apply for a grant to help them continue during the pandemic.
The Wealden Community Grants Recovery fund offers grants from £500 to £5,000, and is inviting applications from organisations.
What the grant can be used for:
- To enable voluntary and community organisations to continue their valued services and support they provide to our communities – this could include core costs which have been affected by the pandemic and/or loss of income.
- To continue to provide support, where needed, to those most vulnerable and/or affected by the Covid-19 emergency.
- To promote physical and mental wellbeing.
- To ensure resilience of community and voluntary groups in the future.
- The provision of services, using alternative delivery models to pre Covid-19, to accommodate physical distancing measures and guidelines for operating these as changes occur through the pandemic lifecycle. This may include equipment, software etc
Councillor Philip Lunn, Wealden Cabinet member Community & Public Health said, “The Recovery Fund will help ensure that our community groups remain strong, despite changes forced by the pandemic.
Many have already played an important role, supporting residents through the Wealden Community Hub. We hope they will again be able to help in the future, if needed.
Grants will also help groups accommodate the new social distancing measures so that they can carry on over the coming months. This may involve alternative ways of delivering a service. The grants could cover the cost of new equipment and software.
The Recovery Fund is also available to local sports clubs and other organisations to encourage physical and mental well-being. These are factors which have been shown to be increasingly important in recent months.
With care and consideration, measures like this will help us to safely get back to many of our regular activities again.
The support we are offering could provide a lifeline to many local groups. If they have any questions about eligibility, please contact our Partnerships and Funding Support Officer who will be pleased to provide assistance.”
Applications are open until 1 November and can be made on the Wealden District Council website.