The Uckfield FM Community Guide
(Updated Sunday 24th May 2020)
(Daily audio version Christine Skinner click here )
The original list of closures has been moved to the Coronavirus – Local Initiatives and Advice page
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Center on Facebook (updated continually) click here
- Ashdown Forest warning people to take care with BBQ’s and other naked flames.
- East Sussex Healthwatch have launched a survey – click here
- Sussex Mental Healthline is operating 24 hours a day, every day. You can access their services, via sussexpartnership.nhs.uk
- Due to the escalating COVID-19 restrictions, all cars, vans and motorcycles with MOT tests expiring on or after 30th March 2020 will be given a 6 month extension until further notice.
- Which? magazine offering FREE text regarding scams – Story on website click here
- Take care at ATM Machines – are they virus free, are they clean and respect social distancingop
- Many pubs and restaurants are providing takeaway menus
- Sussex Resilience Forum is the police led forum co-ordinating all efforts. Click here
- Uckfield Foodbank – Continue to make appeal for food stock as demand is high (interview click here )
- Uckfield Outreach Group This service will become weekly only from 9th May on Fri and Sat and order by Saturday
- Government Website link to Coronavirus click here
- Citizens Advice is still operating with Volunteers working from home, picking up Advice line calls. The number for Adviceline for Wealden is 0300 330 9022.
- Wealden District Council Community Support Hub at Hailsham and can help you in various ways. click here
- Twitter Hour with Uckfield Chamber of Commerce Friday at 11am click here
- Coronavirus mis-information is flooding the internet and experts are calling on the public to practice “information hygiene”. What can you do to stop the spread of bad information? All on the BBC Website – click here
- Uckfield Good Neighbour Scheme run by Manor Park & Hempstead Fields Resident Association Click here
- Lewes District Council – Coronavirus information updated click here
- Operation BLITZ number for Wealden Police 07770 700642 on Friday and Saturdays only
- Sport England – Free Exercise on line , click here
- East Sussex County Council – latest information here
- Action Fraud – Facebook – click here for very useful information especially at this time
- The Meads Medical Centre in Bell Lane – click here
- Kamson Pharmacy Bell Lane- Monday – Friday 8:30am-6:30pm Saturday 9am-1pm Sunday
- Uckfield Hospital Pharmacy 9am-6pm Monday to Friday
- East Hoathly Pharmacy open – usual hours
- Tesco Pharmacy- open Mon to Sat 9 x 6 and Sun 10 x 4.
- Dental surgery – only emergencies now
- Bird in Eye Surgery at the hospital click here
- Trains are operating Sunday service with first train due out 5:29am then 6:33 7:33, 9:33 and then hourly. Latest departures from Uckfield click here.
- The Compass bus service no 31, which serves Newick, Maresfield, as well as Uckfield, is now operating a revised timetable every two hours, instead of hourly, due to a dramatic fall in passengers on all routes because of the outbreak of Coronavirus. click here
- CTLA Community Bus Service has been suspended until further notice.
- Sunday service on Brighton Buses.
Entertainment for the kids:
- Daily children’s story by the David Walliams on line – click here
- The Wild Road Show on line with Facebook – click here
- School Health Lesson for children – click here
Fitness on Line:
- Daily keep fit aimed at children – Mon – Fri – 9am on line with Joe Wicks – click here
- Check with each practice before attending
- Check with each practice by phone before attending
Virtual events on :
- Holy Cross Church Service with Fr. John – 9am Sundays. can be watched via FACEBOOK click here
- (the church has now been totally closed)
- Uckfield Baptist Church service on the website Sundays click here
- Sunday morning – on line with Kings Church
- Kings Church will hold a 10am meeting on Sundays.
- St Philip Neri Uckfield – Mass will be streamed at 9.30 on Sunday and daily at 10.00, except Wednesday, live from St. Philip’s.
Submit your event
It’s free to add your event to our what’s on guide*
As long as the event is for a local charity or organisation with charitable content.
NB: If your event is commercial please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Send details to email@example.com
*We reserve the right to decide if the event can be added. If we consider the event to be commercial we will refer to our sales team.