Click on the banner for coronavirus initiatives and advice
Listen to Christine who will be joining Peter on the ‘Wake Up with Peter Suter’ early morning show at about 7:50am. This will give you a full morning update on the latest.
The Uckfield FM Community Guide
(Updated Saturday 4th July2020)
The 4th July was the day things started to get back to normal.
The original list of closures has been moved to the Coronavirus – Local Initiatives and Advice page
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Centre on Facebook (updated continually) click here
- Healthwatch Survey click here
- Van are allowed to visit tips on Tuesday and Thursdays only.
- Civic Centre to re-open on Monday 6th July click here
- Picture House Restaurant will be open from Wednesday 22nd July
- Uckfield Volunteer Centre will re-open on Monday, July 6, two days a week on Mondays and Thursdays from 10am to 1pm.
- The CTLA local bus services 246/248 & 249 have re-started.
- Wivelsfield Primary School have released a single for NHS Chariy – When The School Bells Ring Again. You can find it on YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4qWXj9yeW0 . To make a donation in support of this single, go to: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wivelsfield-primary-school
- Wealden Support and advice for businesses during the COVID – 19 pandemic – click here.
- Wealden Business advice – click here
- Government – reopening Safety Fun click here
- It will be mandatory to wear face covering on public transport from 15th June 2020
- 8th June – International arrivals at airports need to quarantine for 14 days
- Sussex Mental Healthline is operating 24 hours a day, every day. You can access their services, via sussexpartnership.nhs.uk
- MOT tests expiring on or after 30th March 2020 will be given a 6 month extension until further notice.
- Which? magazine offering FREE text regarding scams – Story on website click here
- Sussex Resilience Forum is the police led forum co-ordinating all efforts. Click here
- Uckfield Foodbank – Continue to make appeal for food stock as demand is high.
- Government Website link to Coronavirus click here
- Citizens Advice is still operating with Volunteers working from home, picking up Advice line calls. The number for Adviceline for Wealden is 0300 330 9022.
- Wealden District Council Community Support Hub at Hailsham and can help you in various ways. click here
- Coronavirus mis-information is flooding the internet and experts are calling on the public to practice “information hygiene”. What can you do to stop the spread of bad information? All on the BBC Website – click here
- Uckfield Good Neighbour Scheme run by Manor Park & Hempstead Fields Resident Association Click here
- Lewes District Council – Coronavirus information updated click here
- Operation BLITZ number for Wealden Police 07770 700642 on Friday and Saturdays only
- Sport England – Free Exercise on line , click here
- East Sussex County Council – latest information here
- Action Fraud – Facebook – click here for very useful information especially at this time
Entertainment for the kids:
- Daily children’s story by the David Walliams on line – click here
- The Wild Road Show on line with Facebook – click here
- Uckfield Theatre Guild does Rhyme with Me for the children and some adults! click here
Virtual events on :
- Holy Cross Church Service with Fr. John – 9am Sundays. can be watched via FACEBOOK click here
- (the church has now been totally closed)
- Uckfield Baptist Church service on the website Sundays click here
- Sunday morning – on line with Kings Church
- Kings Church will hold a 10am meeting on Sundays.
- St Philip Neri Uckfield – Mass will be streamed at 9.30 on Sunday and daily at 10.00, except Wednesday, live from St. Philip’s.