New guidelines have been issued to train passengers following the change in the timetables
The Government advice says that if you cannot work from home and have to travel for work, you should first consider alternatives to public transport. If you have to use public transport, the guidance for passengers on how to travel safely recommends:
- Keep two metres apart from others wherever possible
- Wear a face covering if you can
- Use contactless payment or a smartcard where possible
- Avoid rush hour travel where feasible
- Wash or sanitise your hands before and after travel
- Follow advice from staff and being considerate to others
To help maintain social distancing, you may be asked to queue to enter some larger, busier stations and we advise that you leave extra time for your journey.
The first train out of Uckfield in the morning is 5:29am followed by the 6:33 and then hourly and go all the way to London Bridge.
The last train from London Bridge to Uckfield leaves at 11:07pm.
The ticket office at Uckfield remains closed until further notice.